“Hope” is a Safe Harbor client. She’s the mom of a 15-year-old girl with the dream of graduating from college and a 7-year-old boy with a shy but friendly smile.
“Hope” is a survivor of domestic violence. She and her children have overcome obstacles in her journey from victim to survivor. Hope is strong, hard-working, tireless. In the past several years, Hope has:
– Fled from a dangerously abusive home with nothing but the clothes on her back and her 2 children in tow.
– Secured safe emergency shelter for herself and her children at Safe Harbor
– Enrolled her children in new schools to keep them safe
– Fought a long and hard legal battle in securing a divorce and custody of her children
– Survived breast cancer
– Participated in ongoing counseling and case management at Safe Harbor
– Secured transitional housing at Safe Harbor for herself and her children to continue working towards financial independence
Hope has taken so many steps towards healing for herself and her children. Today, one thing holds her back. Hope’s 20-year-old van is no longer running. A reliable car is essential for Hope to drive her children to school, to go to medical appointments and to provide groceries and other essential items for her family.
If you have a reliable vehicle that you are able to donate to Safe Harbor for Hope, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864.467.1177, ext. 10 today. Your donation is tax-deductible, and you can provide Hope and her family with a new life and a fresh start.