Safe Harbor is always in need of supplies for clients and children in our shelters and transitional housing programs. Our Safe Harbor Resale Shop also accepts gently-used clothing, shoes, accessories, household items, books, toys, and other items. All donations are tax-deductible. If you have a question about non-cash/in-kind donations, please call 864-385-7169 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations via our Amazon Wish List
If you would like to donate to Safe Harbor, you can visit our Amazon wish list to see a list of our most needed items. You can purchase items from Amazon and they will ship directly to Safe Harbor!
Shelter Projects – If you would like to complete a hands-on shelter project, please contact Keisha Johnson, Director of Shelter Operations, at 864-385-7169. We need groups to complete household and outside maintenance projects in our shelters.
Donation Pick Up – If you have furniture or a large amount of donations to give, we can schedule a time to pick up items. Please contact Steve Randolph, Facilities Coordinator, at 864-385-7946.
Financial Contributions – Please mail contributions to P.O. Box 174, Greenville, SC 29602. For more information, please contact Amanda Manly, Director of Development and Communications, at 864-385-7947 or email email@example.com.
Volunteer Opportunities – Please contact Lisa Nalley, Volunteer Coordinator, at 864-385-7182 to discuss ways to get involved with Safe Harbor.
Donation Drop-off Locations:
2111-J North Pleasantburg Dr., Greenville, SC 29609
Monday – Saturday, 10am – 5pm
(Questions? Contact Katie Rockwell, Resale Shop Manager, at 864-242-1751)
Central Presbyterian Church
1404 North Blvd, Anderson, SC 29621
Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 5pm & Friday 8:30am – 4pm
(cannot accept clothing donations)
Boulevard Baptist Church
700 Boulevard, Anderson, SC 29621
Monday – Thursday, 9am – 4pm
300 S Church St, Walhalla, SC 29691
1637 Sandifer Blvd, Seneca, SC 29678
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
104 Mill Rd., Seneca, SC 29679
If you have furniture or a large amount of donations to give, we can schedule a time to pick up items. Please contact Steve Randolph, Facilities Coordinator, at 864-385-7946.
Wish List for Shelters & Transitional Housing Program
*Items in bold are our greatest need
- Dishwasher Liquid
- Deodorizers/Air Freshener/Lysol
- Laundry Detergent (High Efficiency Machines ONLY)
- Mops/Brooms/Light bulbs
- Disposable Gloves
- Disposable Cleaning Cloths
- Hair Nets
- Gloves (cooking and cleaning)
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Kitchen Trash Bags
- 33 Gallon Trash Bags
- Paper Plates
- Disposable utensils
- Small & Large Plastic Bins
- Aluminum Foil
- Strollers (lightweight)
- Gift Cards (Wal-Mart, Target)
- Can goods
- Cake mixes/icing
- Alarm Clocks/Wall Clocks
- Beds and Frames
- Mattress (twin, full,& queen)
- Dining table/chairs
- Dressers and small table lamps
- New Vacuum Cleaners (commercial—for shelter daily use)
- Children’s and Adult Benadryl
- Pain Relieve
- Adult Cold Medicine/Sinus/Allergy
- Denture Care (cup, crème, adhesive)
- First Aid Supplies
- Contact Lens Solution
- Kitchen Towels
- Bath Towels/wash cloths/hand-towels (high quality)
- Twin/Queen Sheet Sets and Comforters/blankets
- Twin Sheet Sets
- Standard Pillows
- Commercial /Restaurant Style Pots, Pans, Stock Pots, Sauce Pots and Lids)Note-Large enough to cook for 20 people
- Dish Sets (plates, cups, bowls)
- Utensils (forks, knives, spoons, serving utensils)
Baby/ Children’s Needs
- Baby Wipes
- Pull ups (any size)
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Sippy Cups
- Boys & Girls PJs, size 12 mo. – 10 yrs.
- Baby Lotion
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Formula
- Diaper Genies/Bags
Ethnic Hair Care Products
- Wide tooth comb
- Natural bristle brush
- Ceramic flat iron/curling irons
- Hair color products
- Shampoo, conditioner and hair moisturizer
- Protein styling gel
- Scalp/hair oil
- Small black rubber bands
- Hair bows and accessories
- Copier paper
- Black permanent markers
- Color paper
- Whiteboard markers
- Spiral notebooks/Composition Notebooks
- Desk supplies
- Kleenex/Hand sanitizer
- 3 Ring binders
- Manila file folders
- Postage stamps
- Inspirational, motivational, and how-to-guides (for library)
- Post it Notes
- Nail clippers
- Ladies Deodorant
- Hair brushes
- Hair dryers
- Book lights
- Pens/notebooks (for journals)
- New make up
- Reading glasses
- Ear plugs
- Ear buds/head phones
- Cell phone minute cards
- Cell phones with prepaid minutes
- Boys/Men (ages 1-adult) T-shirts, underwear and socks
- New Gowns / Pajamas (All sizes)
- Slippers/Flip flops
- Knee highs/stockings
- New T-Shirts (All sizes)
- Ladies Socks
- Work Uniforms (white collared shirts, khaki pants, black slip resistant shoes—all sizes)
Safe Harbor appreciates your interest in donating to our shelter and transitional housing program. Due to our number of residents and increasingly limited storage space, we have created these guidelines to guide you in your charitable giving. If you are in doubt about a particular donation you wish to make, feel free to call (864) 385-7946, for more information.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept the following items:
- Televisions (older models that are NOT HDTV converter box/cable ready or floor models) we will gladly accept all others that are 32 inches and smaller.
- Computers that are more than five years old (as they are not compatible with our computer network)
- We have limited storage for larger appliances and furniture pieces so we MAY not be able to take certain things at the time you call.
- Pianos and exercise equipment
- Sleeper sofas and reclining sofas
- King size mattresses and bedframes
- Cribs of any age or design
- Any furniture that is damaged or beds that is stained.
Our clients may not have the means to repair, update, or remodel donated items so we kindly request that all donations are gently used and in good condition. If you wish to donate items we cannot accept for our shelter or Resale Store, we recommend you contact: Miracle Hill Rescue Mission at 864-242-6933.
All donations are tax-deductible and tax donation forms will be provided.
We would like to acknowledge your time in gathering items for our families. Our driver will provide a volunteer timesheet when we retrieve your items. Please feel free to sign and include the time required to sort and gather the donation.
If you have large donations and need to arrange for pick up contact 864-385-7946, and our donations coordinator will call you back to arrange a pick-up date. Please speak with the coordinator about how to prepare the item for pickup. All clothing items should be boxed or bagged prior to pick-up. We have local drop off locations in Greenville, Anderson and Oconee.