To apply for a position at Safe Harbor, please email your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please list the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Delivery Assistant & Driver
Safe Harbor is currently hiring a part-time Donation Coordinator Assistant. Safe Harbor, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing safe shelter, counseling, advocacy, transitional housing and community outreach and education in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson and Oconee counties. We have three unmarked confidential emergency shelters – Greenville, Anderson and Oconee – with controlled access and 24/7 staffing.
Successful candidates for this position should have the following skill sets and/or experience:
- Ability to maintain proper documentation and tracking system for all donations including call backs and scheduled pick up services
- Ability to assemble and deliver furniture and household items to apartments and/or houses prior to a client move-in
- Willingness to assist with set-up of furniture in property
- Ability to assist with inventory of donated items and organization of storage warehouse
- Ability to pick up items from donors and move items to proper location
- Ability to assist in upkeep of shelter lawns
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; to stand and walk; to talk and hear; and use hands to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, and controls. The employee is regularly required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED preferred. Must be 21 years or older. Clean SLED & drug screening required.
- Possession of a valid SC Driver’s License & good driving record due to insurance regulations
- Ability to communicate well with management, co-workers & community partners
- Willingness to uphold Safe Harbor’s standards for safety, service and efficiency
- Experience with moving companies preferred
25 hours per week at $10.00 per hour. Tuesday – Thursday 8:30am – 4:00pm.
To Apply: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Operations, PO Box 174, Greenville, SC 29602.
Part-Time Client Support Specialist – Anderson County
Safe Harbor invites applicants to apply for Client Support Specialist. This is a part-time position in our Anderson shelter. Safe Harbor, Inc., is a non-profit organization providing safe shelter, counseling, advocacy, transitional housing and community outreach and education in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson and Oconee counties. We have three unmarked confidential emergency shelters – Greenville, Anderson and Oconee – with controlled access and 24/7 staffing.
Successful candidates will have a passion for working with domestic violence victims and their children, have the ability to manage residents in a crisis situation, and be able to work with all populations in a non-judgmental manner.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma. Clean SLED & drug screening required. Must be available for overnights.
To Apply: Send resume and list of references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.