Part-Time Client Support Specialists – Greenville & Anderson
Primary Function: This employee provides services that insure that the shelter operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week on a continual basis and is responsible for maintaining on-site safety and security of the shelter and its residents during tour of duty. Normal work shifts are overnight, weekend and holidays. This includes operation and control of electronic security and fire alarm system, the securing of all gates and entrances both inside and outside the shelter, insuring that only authorized persons are granted admission to the building by personally answering the door (residents are not allowed to answer the door), and appropriately responding to incidents involving threats to the safety and security of the shelter and its residents by following approved agency procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and processes crisis intake calls from victims and accepts clients into shelter.
- Facilitates new clients through intake procedures, explains procedures of household, prepares documentation and photographs for client records.
- Insures that the basic needs (food, clothing, medical assistance, etc.) of all clients of the shelter are met.
- Maintains “Daily Log” for all incidents relating to clients.
- Responsible for writing timely incident reports for any incident or emergency.
- Attends meetings as required by the Facility and House Management Team.
- Enthusiastically supports and models the mission and vision of Safe Harbor to peers, clients, and the community.
- Performs other or similar agency duties as assigned by House Management and Facility supervisors and/or other agency management personnel. May be asked to work at other Safe Harbor shelter locations as needed.
Hours: It is the responsibility of this employee, during her tour of duty, to insure the provision of essential services to all shelter residents during evening and weekend hours. Work schedule will be determined by agency needs and may be varied according to those needs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Client Support Specialists must possess sound judgment capabilities and be able to work extended shifts without continuous supervision. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stand, talk or hear; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects and appliances. The employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must lift and/or move 25 pounds or more.
To Apply: Please send resume & list of three references to email@example.com.